Sunday, April 4, 2010

A significant mile marker

The first post is almost like starting at the middle, but it is very important, and will make sense as I start to back fill with information. My goal for 2010 is to run at least, 10 marathons in Wisconsin. I have 2 down and I'm still having fun. Over the next few weeks I will post race reviews detailing how I did and if you should do the race. There are currently 23 marathons in Wisconsin, and due to the fact that some of them are on the same day and some on the same weekend it may take me 3 years to complete them all. This blog will not be the most well written since I am not an author nor english major, but I will offer some good information. If you want specific information about a race or training that doesn't appear in the blog just e-mail me at membershipvp@greenbayrunningclub.org .

Other philosophy, and not too contrary if you consider the facts, I favor minimalist running, no I-pods, less shoe the better, but I love my Garmin 405 because it make my life easy. I'm all about data & feedback. If you listen to music while you are running you are not in tune with your body, your breathing or the people around you, you're missing life. Too much padding in your shoes, you're missing the pebbles under your feet and very important feed back. Garmin 405 let's me know my pace, heartrate & elevation. Know yourself and your surroundings.

Today I ran 20 miles after running a marathon last weekend. This is important since I plan to run 1 marathon per week in May. If I couldn't pull this off I would either have to adjust my plan or train harder. For those that run with me you know that option one is hardly ever considered.

I have sufferred no ill effects after todays run, so I'm on track. Today run wasn't fast and I'm not proud of it, but my current goal is to just survive May. I'll start training for speed in June.

Last note. Two good friends, Randi from CO just completed a 50 miler and Ivy WI is coming back after surgery and they continue to provide motivation.

Finally, if you hate this blog, don't flame me, just don't read it.

2 comments:

  1. Jim! I think you are setting out/already on a really cool adventure. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    OH! And running 20 miles the weekend after your marathon IS something to be proud of, no matter what the pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi,
    The legs are really feeling great and I'm recovered quickly. 16 miles this week after last weeks marathon.

    ReplyDelete